Care Clinic Commitment of Care and Competence
As an affiliate of Heartbeat International, Care Clinic accepts and adheres to the following principles:
- Clients are served without regard to age, race, income, nationality, religious affiliation, disability or other arbitrary circumstances.
- Clients are treated with kindness, compassion and in a caring manner.
- Clients always receive honest and open answers.
- Client pregnancy tests are distributed and administered in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Client information is held in strict and absolute confidence. Releases and permissions are obtained appropriately. Client information is only disclosed as required by law and when necessary to protect the client or others against imminent harm.
- Clients receive accurate information about pregnancy, fetal development, lifestyle issues, and related concerns.
- Care Clinic does not offer, recommend or refer for abortions or abortifacients, but is committed to offering accurate information about abortion procedures and risks.
- All advertising and communications by Care Clinic are truthful and honest and accurately describe the services offered by the center.
- We provide a safe environment by screening all volunteers and staff interacting with clients.
- We are governed by a board of directors and operate in accordance with our articles of incorporation, by-laws, and stated mission, vision and core values.
- We comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements regarding employment, fundraising, financial management, taxation, and public disclosure, including the filing of all applicable government reports in a timely manner.
- Medical Services are provided in accordance with all applicable laws, and in accordance with pertinent medical standards, under the supervision and direction of a licensed physician.
- All staff, board members and volunteers receive proper training to uphold these standards.
Final language as approved by the National Leadership Alliance of Pregnancy Care Services- 03/17/09